- This event has passed.
Lawrence Earth Day Fair
4/22/23 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
One of many Earth Day activities happening around Lawrence! Visit this webpage to learn about them all.
Join us in South Park for the 53rd Earth Day celebration! We’ll have a wide range of fun crafts, activities, and info available about our planet’s amazing natural resources and how we can protect them.
Bring one recyclable aluminum can for our Cans for the Community drive as your price of admission!
Groups and activities will include:
- – Music by Lasting Memories Entertainment
- – Watkins Museum: Clay seed pods
- – Lawrence Transit System: Electric bus on display
- – Environs KU: Large collaborative prairie drawing and plants matching game
- – Sunrise Movement: Info table and exhibit
- – Victoria’s Secret Pink: Volunteer signup for Lawrence Community Cleanup
- – KU Natural History Museum: Bird beak adaptations activity
- – Outside For a Better Inside: Mrs. Kansas Earth talking to visitors about her work
- – Kansas Land Trust: Plant presses, seed packet handouts, and yoga for kids with Bend and Breathe Kids Yoga. Yoga sessions will start at 1:30pm and 2pm.
- – Douglas County Conservation District: The popular Steam Trailer showing how water moves in nature
- – Master Gardeners of Douglas County: Seeds giveaway
- – Tenants to Homeowners: Info on earth-friendly approaches to affordable housing
- – Friends of Hidden Valley: Info table and signup for Hidden Valley cleanup
- – Lawrence Public Library: Book bike and seeds giveaway
- – Sierra Club: Petition signing and climate change games
- – Sustainability Action Network: Sustainability game and solar oven-baked s’mores!
- – Jayhawk Audubon Society: Info on World Migratory Bird Day and the importance of water for birds
- – Black Jack Battlefield & Nature Park: Info table
- – Lawrence Ecology Teams United in Sustainability (LETUS): Info displays and a live snake!
Free Donation: Used Aluminum Can